Acceptable Use Policy
By submitting an online order, signing up by mail, phone or by using GoolHost and/or its Divisions and/or its affiliate’s service(s), all Customers hereby agree to the following Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). The Acceptable Use Policy is available in order to provide a clear understanding of the rules, regulations and restrictions regarding the use of GoolHost’s services. PLEASE ABIDE BY IT STRICTLY. By using our hosting services, you agree to abide by the Acceptable Use Policy.
• We will not provide services for any unacceptable or inappropriate material as determined by GoolHost in its sole discretion, including Topsites, IRC Scripts/Bots, Proxy Scripts/Anonymizers, Pirated Software/Warez, Image Hosting Scripts (similar to Photobucket or Tinypic), AutoSurf/PTC/PTS/PPC sites, IP Scanners, Bruteforce Programs/Scripts/Applications, Mail Bombers/Spam Scripts, Banner-Ad services (commercial banner ad rotation), File Dump/Mirror Scripts (similar to rapidshare), Commercial Audio Streaming (more than one or two streams), Escrow/Bank Debentures, High-Yield Interest Programs (HYIP) or Related Sites, Investment Sites (FOREX, E-Gold Exchange, Second Life/Linden Exchange, Ponzi, MLM/Pyramid Scheme), Sale of any controlled substance without prior proof of appropriate permit(s), Prime Banks Programs, Lottery Sites, MUDs/RPGs/PPBGs, Hateful/Racist/Harassment oriented sites, Hacker focused sites/archives/programs, Sites promoting illegal activities, Forums and/or websites that distribute or link to warez/pirated/illegal content, Bank Debentures/Bank Debenture Trading Programs, Fraudulent Sites (Including sites listed at aa419.org & escrow-fraud.com), Mailer Pro Hacking, which includes, for example penetrating or attempting to access, without authorization, another computer or network. Port scans, stealth scans, and fraudulent credit card “phishing” techniques are also prohibited.
• We will not provide services for hosting of files or other data that infringes on another’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
• We will not provide services for spamming, or sending of bulk unsolicited email. We maintain a strict policy on spamming, which includes the sending of unauthorized commercial messages by use of our services, or by maintaining an open SMTP connection. We reserve the right to refuse or terminate service based on reasonable indications that you are engaged in spamming of any sort.
• We will not provide services for uploading or linking to any content that violates another’s right of publicity or privacy.
• We will not provide services for distributing hate speech, or any other content that is obscene, abusing, which could be considered libelous and defamatory.
• We will not provide services for hosting, storing, or distributing child pornography. If any such content is found and brought to our attention, the proper law enforcement agencies will be notified.
• We will not provide services for hosting large amounts of data not specifically tied (“linked”) to your hosting account. GoolHost encourages users looking for file storage/backup solutions to seek other services that specialize in this.
• We will not provide services for hosting, storing, or distributing pornographic material. This includes sites that may provide links to adult content elsewhere. In addition, our servers and services may not be used for the propagation, distribution, housing, processing, storing or otherwise handling in any way lewd, obscene, or satanic materials.
• We will not provide services to execute long-running, stand-alone, unattended server-side processes, bots or daemons
• We will not provide services to run any type of web spiders or indexers
• We will not provide services to run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network
• We will not provide services to run, host, or store any P2P client, tracker, software, server, files, content or application, including bittorrent
• We will not provide services to participate in any P2P or file-sharing networks
• We will not provide services to run any gaming servers
• We will not provide services to run cron entries with intervals of less than 30 minutes
• We will not provide services to use the server as a Backup/Storage device
• We will not provide services to use the server for File/Data Archival Purposes
• We will not provide services to constantly create and delete large numbers of files on a regular basis, or cause file system damage
• We will not provide services to use our system resources over 8%, including memory, cpu, disk, network, and bandwidth capacity, for longer than 180 seconds in any consecutive 6 hour period.
• We will not provide services to run any MySQL queries longer than 15 seconds. MySQL tables should be indexed appropriately.
• We will not provide services to use excessive resources which in the GoolHost’s sole discretion result in damage or degradation to the performance, usage, or experience of Servers, other users, other orders, and any of GoolHost’s services
• We will not provide services to store a large number of media files (audio, video, etc.), wherein the limit is at GoolHost’s sole discretion
Mail Usage Resource Limits
You agree not exceed the following mail usage limits for shared and reseller accounts:
Per Hour Maximum: 10-20 email messages
Per Day Maximum: 100-200 email messages
Any mail usage exceeding the above limits or approaching limits are subject to policy enforcement by our Abuse Department. Mailing lists, email newsletters, single emails, and other types of messages are all counted in the global quota. These scripts MUST be setup to throttle amount of emails sent in a defined period, and MUST be significantly below the above limits. The nature of emails sent must also comply with all guidelines and requirements outlined on our policies. Your account may be suspended, or terminated, at our discretion without prior notice if any of these policies are violated. These limits are in place to allow for fair usage for all our customers on our shared servers, therefore it is in your best interests as a customer to rigourously adhere to these policies. If you require higher email usage we strongly recommend looking into one of our VPS or dedicated server plans, or using a third-party mailing list/newsletter service to dispatch larger amounts of emails. Contact our sales department for more information regarding options
This policy is subject to change without notice and may be adjusted at any time or under any circumstances at our discretion, to ensure continued reliability and performance of all our services.